The NZILA (New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architects) Vectorworks Landmark Student Scholarship was instituted to support Landscape Architecture students in New Zealand. The idea is to help students whose research promotes the profession or actively contributes to new knowledge in the discipline of Landscape Architecture.
One or more scholarships are offered annually to students undertaking an accredited degree in Landscape Architecture at an accredited educational institution, namely, Lincoln University, Victoria University and UNITEC.
The scholarship includes
- NZ$1500 towards research costs
- A Vectorworks Landmark Licence provided to the scholarship recipient for 12 months usage after graduation (currently valued at NZ$4080)
- Applicants must be students undertaking an accredited degree in Landscape Architecture in New Zealand.
- Applicants must be NZILA Student members.
- Applicants may be New Zealand citizens, Permanent Residents or International Students.
The criteria for selection is:
- The potential for the applicant’s research to contribute to new knowledge in the discipline of landscape architecture
- The potential for the applicant’s research to be used in the promotion of the profession.
The scholarship will be awarded based on a recommendation of a selection committee which shall comprise of:
- The NZILA National Executive
- Representative from Megabits
The selection committee may request the applicant to attend an interview as part of the selection process or request further information from the applicant.
The selection committee reserves the right to not award the scholarship, in any given year, if it finds no candidate of sufficient merit.
The selection committee, upon the award of the scholarship, shall also outline the deliverables the recipient should submit.
Upon the award of the scholarship, the awardee and the selection committee shall make a written agreement for the format, size and presentation of the research deliverables.
All applications shall be submitted to the NZILA at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Cover letter with contact details;
- The course of study;
- Background of research; and
- Statement of intent.
Application for this scholarship closes on 1st April 2019.
The information requested in this application will be used solely for the purposes of assessing your application for the Scholarship for which you are applying.NZILA will store your application in a secure place in the event that you are successful in gaining an award and destroy your application to preserve its confidentiality in the event that you are unsuccessful in gaining an award.
Terms and Conditions
- NZILA reserves the right of awarding
- Eligible applications must be NZILA Student members.
- If multiple entries are received of high calibre the NZILA reserves the right to award the amount to multiple (joint) recipients. The scholarship may be held with any other scholarship, bursary, prize or fellowship, unless the conditions of the other award preclude it.
- Research must be reported back to the NZILA at the completion of the project and NZILA reserve the rights to use and promote.
- The sponsor, i.e. Megabits will have marketing rights.