These instructions presume the installation software has already been downloaded and the licence serial number obtained.
If your organisation has multiple Vectorworks licences be sure you have the version-specific serial number for the same licence used on any previous installations on your computer.
1. Close all other programs.
This is best practice to prevent potential conflicts and free up computer resources to expedite the installation.
2. Turn off antivirus software.
Before installing trusted software it is best practice to first disable antivirus programs as they can interfere with a complete and proper setup.
3. Extract the zip file contents.
The following process will differ slightly if you have an aftermarket archiver such as 7-Zip, WinRAR or WinZip.
- Locate the downloaded zip file. (The default location is the Downloads folder: ‘This PC > Downloads.’ This process cannot be fulfilled via the Downloads menu within your internet browser as is sometimes assumed).
- Right-click on the zip file and choose ‘Extract All…’ or ‘Extract Here’ if you have either 7-Zip or WinRAR options.
- Once extracted, open the resultant folder and then…
- Open the Vectorworks installer.
The remainder of this process is guided by the installation program. When prompted we request that the ‘error reporting’ facility be fully enabled so that Vectorworks engineers have more information from which to improve the software.
If you are new to Vectorworks or wish to refresh your knowledge we highly recommend making use of the Getting Started Guides. Other valuable resources include: